Here are the completed notes from the Sunday Morning Service January 17, 2016:
What are your top 5 priorities in life?
What do you actually spend your time and energy doing?
Created with Purpose:
Revelation 4:11b – “Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created”
Relationship with Him (Matthew 22:37) – Love the Lord thy God with your total being
Glorify Him (1 Corinthians 10:31) – Do all to the glory of God
Given by Christ (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:47, 48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8)
Purpose Statement for Corner Stone Baptist Church
Corner Stone Baptist Church exists to glorify God by bringing people into a relationship with Him through the Lord Jesus Christ, to unite them with the local church, to develop them to Christlike maturity, and equip them for their ministry in the home, the church and the world.
We draw our vision from our mission
How to carry out our mission
1. Function as a Biblical NT Church both Individually and Corporately
2. God being Glorified through Individual Lives, Our Families, and this Local Church
- Corner Stone Church impacting lives for Christ
- Bring people to Christ
- Connecting them with Church
- Helping them grow in Christlikeness
- So they in turn impact their areas of influence for His glory
Scripture: Luke 10:38-42
Distraction: Just another meaningless message to keep you from paying attention to all of the issues that really matter
1. Live a Biblically based and Biblically controlled life
- Conflict – Deal with it or let it go
- Worry – choose to trust God
2. Live your life on purpose – Develop a Life Purpose Statement
“I exist to glorify God with my life and to become like Christ. To grow in a love relationship with Him and display His character to others. To carry out His mission in the world and in my areas of influence.”.
3. Determine what is important (Priorities)
4. Implement and keep focused
- May mean saying no to self and those you love
- Good, better, best principle