The Credibility of Christ’s Resurrection
The cross either unmasked Jesus as a pretender or opened the door to a supernatural resurrection that has irrevocably affirmed His Lordship and deity!
The Following should solidify in someone’s mind the Credibility of Christ’s Resurrection:
The Empty Tomb – John 20:1-8
- The broken seal and stone rolled away- John 20:1; Matthew 27:65, 66
- The seal gave warning that the tomb was under Roman protection
- The stone would have weighted 1 Y, to 2 tons
- Empty Tomb – John 20:2; Luke 24:3; Matthew 28:6; Mark 16:6
- The Grave Clothes – John 20:6, 7
- No grave robber would have taken the time to leave behind the grave clothes
- The Location of the Tomb – John 19:41
- Walking distance from Jerusalem
- The apostles began preaching the gospel at Jerusalem- Acts 2:32
Resurrection Appearances / Eyewitness Accounts
- Mary Magdalene – John 20:11- 18; Mark 16:9-11
- To the other women – Matthew 28:9, 10
- Two disciples on road to Emmaus – Luke 24:13-35
- Cephas (Peter) – Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5
- The ten disciples in the Upper Room without Thomas – John 20:19, 20
- The eleven disciples in the Upper Room with Thomas – John 20:26-29
- To seven of the disciples beside the Sea of Galilee – John 21
- To all the apostles on the Mount of Olives – Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:8
- Over five hundred believers at once -I Corinthians 15:6
- James the Lord’s half-brother – I Corinthians 15:7
The Dramatic Change in the Lives of the Disciples
- The resurrection put to rest any doubt Christ’s followers may have harbored about who He was- John 20:26-30
- He could be touched by them- John 20:26-28
- His wounds were evident -Luke 24:39-40
- He ate with them- Luke 24:41b- 43
People don’t die for what they know to be a lie!
- Most of Jesus disciples died as martyrs.
- They went to their graves still claiming that Jesus was the Christ and that He rose from dead!
Join us at Corner Stone Baptist Church to Celebrate this Historical Event! An Event that has Literally Changed this World!