Stopping Not Sharing the Gospel
Confronting the Reality of Our Disobedience
Delivered in the Sunday AM Worship Service 7/7/2019
Scripture: John 4:1-39
11 Steps to Stopping Not Sharing the Gospel:
The majority of this outline is from Pastor Mark Dever’s book, “The Gospel and Personal Evangelism”
PRAY – For opportunities to share the Gospel
3 Important Requests:
- Boldness is deciding to say something when it would be easier to say nothing.
- Boldness is creating opportunities.
- Boldness is something you determine to rely on God for.
PLAN – to make time to build relationships or to put yourself in positions where you know you will be able to talk to non-Christians
ACCEPT – responsibility for sharing the Gospel
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Mark 16:15
- Luke 24:47-48
- John 20:21
- Acts 1:8
UNDERSTAND – even if evangelism is not your gift, that it is still your duty
Be FAITHFUL – to share the Gospel
Often we can find ourselves:
- Too polite to be faithful to God
- More concerned about people’s response than God’s glory
- More concerned about their feelings rather than God’s
RISK – sharing with others regardless of their response
PREPARE – yourself; learn how to share the Gospel
LOOK – for opportunities that God will provide
Things that interfere with opportunities:
- We are too busy
- We are lazy about it
- We are unwilling to be inconvenienced
- We are selfish
- We are Apathetic
- We don’t consider the reality and finality of death, judgment, and hell.
LOVE – we are called to love others
- We share the Gospel because we love people. Likewise, we don’t share the Gospel because we don’t love people.
- We don’t want to cause awkwardness.
- We want their respect.
- We don’t want to look foolish or weird.
- We protect our pride at the cost of their souls.
FEAR – should not be directed to man but to God
- When we don’t share the Gospel, we are essentially refusing to live in the fear of the Lord.
- We are not regarding Him or His will as the final and ultimate authority of our actions.
CONSIDER – what God has done for us in Christ
- Consider that God has loved us as He has
- Consider the great price He paid for us
- Consider the forgiveness that He provided us
- Consider that God is glorified by our telling others of His incredible love