Resurgence, The Ground Work
These notes are from the Sunday Morning Worship Service August 4, 2019
Scripture: Mark 4:1-8; 14-20
Supporting Passages: Matthew 13:3-23; Luke 8:4-15
The Ground Work
The Soil Parable
Parables – Stories about everyday situations used to teach spiritual truth.
- The Sower – Jesus Himself – by extension all who share the Word of God
- The Seed – The Word of God
- The Soil – The heart of the hearer
- Heart preparation is the first step in preparing for resurgence.
- The Spirit – The Spirit of God is the driving force in any resurgence
The Soil Represents Various Types of Hearers (4 types of soil):
- Way Side – Unresponsive People (v 15)
- Stony Ground (Rocky) – Impulsive People (vv 16-17)
- Among Thorns – Preoccupied People (vv 18-19)
- Good Ground – Fruitful People (v 20)
In any given teaching / preaching session there are various types of soil present.
Elements of Resurgence:
- Preeminence of the Word of God
- Essential Prayer
- Thirst for a Fresh Encounter with the Presence of Christ
- Prevailing Humility
- Recognition of the Holy Spirit’s Voice
- Honest Confession of Sin, Accompanied by Repentance
- The most intense revivals are those where the people get judgment day honest with God, themselves, and others.
- Personal sins must be confessed to God
- Private sins should be confessed to those involved
- Public sins call for public confession
- What happens in us determines what happens through us!
- Resistance to the Enemy
- The intensity level of satanic conflict increases dramatically in potentially life changing events.
Please visit the Resurgence 2019 section of our website to watch a video of this important message and to learn more about this major event in the life of Corner Stone Baptist Church coming up September 20-22, 2019.