Strengthening the Home-Front for a Strong Missions Outreach
Here are the completed notes from the Sunday Evening Service November 15, 2015:
Scripture: Acts 1:8-11; Revelation 5:9
It could be said, if we want a stronger missions outreach. We have to strengthen the home-front which is the local church and to strengthen the home-front we have to strengthen and challenge individual believers.
Strengthening the Home-front:
1. Passionate about our personal relationship with Christ
This is driving force behind what we do!
2. Pursue personal holiness – 1 Peter 1:15, 16
- Sin in the lives of believers – Example of Achan’s sin (Joshua 7)
- Israel had sin in the camp which led to their defeat at Ai
- God’s commentary on sin in the church – See 1 Corinthians 5:1-7
3. Keep our focus upon our purpose for existing as a local church
Corner Stone Baptist Church exists to glorify God
by bringing people into a relationship with Him through
the Lord Jesus Christ, to unite them with the local church,
to develop them to Christ-like maturity, and to equip them
for their ministry in the home, the church, and the world.
4. Remain doctrinally sound and keep the Word of God a priority
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine” – 2 Timothy 4:3
We cannot compromise God’s truth for a feel good, easy life, don’t upset anyone Christianity
5. Extend outside of our personal comfort zones
Are you living a comfortable Christianity?
6. Evaluate our priorities in view of the following:
A. Men, women, boys and girls are dying every day and entering a Christless eternity – John 3:18
B. A life is a terrible thing to waste – Mark 5:1-20 (See verse 2 “a man”)
C. Our Lord’s command – Matthew 28:18-20
D. The missions appeal from hell – Luke 16:27, 28
Missionary Martyr, Jim Elliot – “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he can not lose”